Welcome to the Bryon DeVore Photography blog. This space is a place for me to keep in touch with clients, post new work and to share bits about how I go about things here with the photography business. I generally post a few photos from each session, but after a few years of keeping this blog, I know that counting on me to be consistent or regular in any way is probably not going to work out well for anyone. I love to hear from visitors so please drop me an e-mail and be sure to come visit me on Facebook!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ashland Preschool Faces

I've been busy photographing children at various preschools around town the past few weeks. I must say that these are becoming some of my very favorite jobs. Plop a 3-5 year old on a stool for 1 minute and fire away while making every goofy noise, face,... anything... no shame whatsoever in the name of the shot. Hopefully the very few adults who have actually witnessed this spectacle keep the details to themselves. I often ask parents to hang back if they are around for these photos... "the kids can be more natural w/o you close by," I may say. The truth is that I can't manage to be the insane crazy person I need to be for these photos if there's an adult within 30 feet of me! The photos below most likely aren't the ones chosen for the class collages, but... just look at those faces!