Welcome to the Bryon DeVore Photography blog. This space is a place for me to keep in touch with clients, post new work and to share bits about how I go about things here with the photography business. I generally post a few photos from each session, but after a few years of keeping this blog, I know that counting on me to be consistent or regular in any way is probably not going to work out well for anyone. I love to hear from visitors so please drop me an e-mail and be sure to come visit me on Facebook!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Youth Symphony of Southern Oregon Spring Soloist

I recently had the pleasure of spending an hour with Rex Bufalino, the Youth Symphony of Southern Oregon's (YSSO) soloist for their Spring concert series. I've known Rex's family since his older brother was in my 7th grade English class about 8 years ago and it's been great watching this talented young man grow up over that time. My wife even played in a violin group with Rex a few years ago that traveled to Carnegie Hall in NYC. Great kid and I wish him the best with his upcoming concerts and look forward to hearing all about his future conquests at Chapman University in Minnesota starting next fall!

ed: Many apologies! Rex will be attending Carleton College in MN not Chapman (that's in Orange County, CA!). Sorry, Rex.

Here's a link to the YSSO website and info about the upcoming concerts on May 15, 16, and 17th.