Welcome to the Bryon DeVore Photography blog. This space is a place for me to keep in touch with clients, post new work and to share bits about how I go about things here with the photography business. I generally post a few photos from each session, but after a few years of keeping this blog, I know that counting on me to be consistent or regular in any way is probably not going to work out well for anyone. I love to hear from visitors so please drop me an e-mail and be sure to come visit me on Facebook!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Willow Wind Community Learning Center: B/W Bonanza!

My photography business has been built upon a certain style of natural light, natural expression work. There are very few photographs on my website or on my studio walls that aren't outdoors and lit 100% naturally. So when crazy bad weather hit last week when I was scheduled to photograph the many dozens of children at Willow Wind, I was not super thrilled to say the least. Add to that extremely limited indoor options, we were forced to go "bare bones", studio lights on a white backdrop. Going through the photographs these past days, it's almost like I've been working on someone else's photographs... it has been uncomfortable and a little nerve wracking, but ultimately I'm super happy with how things came out. I especially am fond of the the photos edited into a really high-contrast black and white that focuses the viewer to really have nowhere else to go except straight onto the children's faces, their eyes and their expressions. Here are a bunch that I'm really excited to share.

ps: thank you to all the children and staff at Willow Wind for making my time there last week a real pleasure :)